- Regional teaching is held monthly except for August & December (ICS SOA meeting).
- Upcoming dates -> Events Calendar
- Attendance is mandatory during ICM training years, please book study leave in advance.
- The full day programme involves:
- ICM curriculum topics
- ICM-related topics
- Journal club presentation (Trainee)
- Case presentation (Trainee)
- Guideline review (Trainee)
- The monthly programme will be emailed by the trainee ‘education rep’ on behalf of the teaching faculty. This typically includes the journal club article in .pdf format. Current rep(s): Dr Craig Denmade & Dr David Whitmore.
- Apologies to be sent to email@example.com
- Please contact Dr Astles (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have trouble securing study leave for regional teaching. Leave rejections are recorded. Clinical tutors in each training unit are briefed to support trainees’ attendance whenever possible.
- Teaching venue alternates each month between:
- University Hospital Aintree – ITU Seminar Room (L9 7AL)
- Royal Liverpool University Hospital – Education Centre (L7 8XP)
- Each session attracts 4 external CPD points from RCoA.
- Trainees are expected to prepare their allocated presentation in advance and it is your responsibility to swap with other trainees should you forsee difficulty in fulfilling the allocation.